MINKEY'S TRIP INDEX
See an Alphabetical List of Minkey's Trips!

Just Schroll Down On The Right Side Of This Page And Click On The One You Want!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

USS Arizona-Utah-Oklahoma
Dole Pineapple Plantation

"She's Trying to Get Rid of Me!"


Today was a little of everything - fun, sad and terrifying! We went to see the USS Arizona, the USS Utah and the USS Oklahoma, and then to the Dole Pineapple Plantation.

It's been a long trip, and I was getting a little cranky. On the way to the Arizona, I was riding in the back, and I was mad because I wanted to go to a banana plantation. I was missing my bananas and their by-products (banana daquiris), and I told Ellen she wasn't buying me enough souvenirs and that there weren't any slot machines in Hawaii. Anyway, all of a sudden, she snapped her fingers at me and said, "Don't make me come back there!" Yeah, right. Like I was sooooooooo scared. Other than putting me in some dangerous places to get some good pictures, Ellen is a very sweet lady. Or so I thought!

When we got to the Arizona, she made a b-line with me to a huge propeller or something like that and put me right in the middle of it. I think she was trying to spin me into oblivion or something! THEN, when that didn't work, she put me on a humongous harpoon missile!! I guess she was hoping they'd shoot me into space and she wouldn't have to hear me fuss anymore. DOUBLE YIKES!!

That scared me enough that I calmed down, and then we had fun the rest of the day. The Pineapple Plantation was WAY cool. If you look at the picture at the top of this post, you'll see me with some baby pineapples. When no one was looking, I snagged me a few of those to eat later.

That place looked like a jungle. So I was so excited at being at a place that felt like my "roots", that I started swinging off every tree and everything that wasn't nailed down in the gift shop. Then we went outside, and I was still all jazzed up, so I started teasing a German Shepperd! Probably not too good an idea, but Ellen stopped me before he got me. Here's a video of part of it. As you can see, I really got tanned there in Hawaii, because my fur is dark brown. Anyway, here's the video. Just click on this:It was such a wild day, I slept all the way home in the car (much to Ellen's relief). Tomorrow is the last day in Paradise. Waaaaaaaaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! You won't be sorry you did. I can be sassy and feisty, and love to have fun with everybody ... whether it's traveling with new friends or talking with them here on my blog. I'll be adding pictures and trips as I get them set up, so stay tuned.